Pembroke Primary School's motto is 'Learning Together with Pride, Passion, Purpose and Persistence.'
Through this motto, we aim to develop our student's capacity to demonstrate:
- in themselves, their school and their community
- in their achievements and contributions
- to always strive for their personal best
- to become curious, confident and independent learners
- to discover new interests and strengths by participating in a broad range of learning experiences
- to believe that their actions can affect positive change in both local and global contexts
- by understanding the importance and value of learning
- by demonstrating agency in, and ownership of, their learning
- by being an active and engaged learner
- to set goals and work hard to achieve them
- to show resilience when challenged
- to accept and respond to feedback to continually improve
Pembroke Primary School aims to provide a welcoming, safe and engaging learning environment for all members of the school community. Student learning is at the centre of everything that we do. We work together to identify and support each student as an individual, to recognise and celebrate their unique talents and abilities, and support them to reach their potential as learners. At Pembroke Primary School, we want all of our students to become highly proficient in literacy and numeracy, as well as possess the knowledge, behaviours and dispositions towards learning to be successful in the future.
The Pembroke Primary School community is guided by our behaviour values of Responsibility, Respect and Trustworthiness.
The school actively seeks to engage with parents and the community to ensure a positive and inclusive school culture in which every student has the opportunity to succeed, feel connected to the school and their peers, and has voice and agency in their learning. The school works collaboratively with students and parents/carers to establish fair and respectful policies and practices, based on the school’s values.
We are focused on promoting wellbeing in our school community to substantially improve social and emotional outcomes for our students, using the School-Wide Positive Behaviour Support (SWPBS) framework approach. This evidence-based framework provides effective ways to create a positive and engaging learning environment, and has research to show its success in promoting positive behaviour, improving school culture, and increasing academic performance.
The school embraces and celebrates its diverse community, and works proactively to ensure all students enjoy equitable access to the school’s curriculum and co-curricular programs. Our staff uphold the Victorian public sector values of integrity, responsiveness, impartiality, accountability, respect, leadership and a commitment to human rights.